Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So much to learn....

Here's a bit of information about me that you may not know.  I am one of the least technically savvy people around, and I think I am OK with this.  I do not have an MP3 player, or a nook or smartphone.  I do have a digital camera and a camcorder, but that is the extent of my savviness.

Other things I want to learn:
How to sew.  When my grandma passed away, I was given her sewing machine, and I truly want to use it, but I need a lesson.  So, I asked for a gift certificate to a local sewing shop that gives lessons, and I got it...for Christmas.  I truly just need to find the time and go...maybe I will set it up for after my trip!  Nat and I have big dreams of sewing together and making skirts and American Girl doll clothes.  Can't you see us doing that??!

How to knit.  Again, I need to find someone to teach me and then I just need to do it!  Crafty stuff just does not come easy to me. 

How to blog better.  Yes friends, but I am a sorry person when it comes to the blogging world.  I may try to import a picture into this post...we'll see if it actually shows up!

I love that my kids are learning all the time.  They come home from school and show me how they taught themselves to use a yo-yo, how to paint, sing, learn a new game, or a card trick.  Kids amaze me in that respect.  As an adult, it feels so much harder to push yourself to learn something new.  But the reward from doing it is just as great!  That feeling of accomplishment is just as sweet when you're an adult.  The thrill you get when you can share a new talent is priceless.

Here are some pics of my littles perpetually learning:
Gabe putting a puzzle together at the Children's Museum in Atlanta.

Nat getting ready to sing at her Kindergarten concert where she sang 1st Grade, 1st Grade to the tune of "New York, New York" (so cute!):

And Nat painting our basement walls this past winter day...

And finally, Audrey learning to ride her bike:

God is with each of us when we learn something new, and he is so pleased when we do it to benefit his greater good.  So, if you want to learn to sew, perhaps you can use it to sew clothing for children in Africa.  Or, if you learn to paint, you could use your talent to paint a mural on a local shelter's wall to brighten someone's day.  There are so many different ways you can use the talents that God gave you to serve others.  Enjoy learning along the way!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
jen

PS - tonight is our Wii MarioKart Tournament fundraiser at the Breakaway Cafe.  It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment