Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another success!!!!

So much fun was had tonight at the Wii MarioKart Tournament!  We had 12 kids play, and they all were great sports and so kind to one another!  Drew L. won the overall tournament, and Drew V. took 2nd place.  Rumor has it that alot of the kids were practicing before they came (I love that!!!). 

Craig did a stellar job as commissioner of the tourney--thank you, my love!  We would still be setting up the systems if I was left to manage this myself (seriously, folks!)

The grand total for all of the fundraising for the playground (between the bake sale, balloons, and Wii Tourney) is.....drum roll please......$564.31!!!  WOW!!!  Thanks to everyone one of you who baked, sold, purchased, ate, donated, played and ate some more!!  Without you the children in a village in Northern Ethiopia would not be getting a playground, but now they will be!!!  When I started fundraising, I was told that the cost of the playground was $1,200, and that $600 had been raised already.  I know that the others have also raised additional funds, so we will likely be donating the playground as well as a tv and dvd player!!  God is so very good!

Please continue to pray for me as I begin packing and getting ready to leave.  I will be updating the blog as often as I can pre and post trip, but because of the lack of internet accessibility, I will not be able to update while I am there. 

Happy Tuesday!!!
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment